2010년 12월 24일 금요일

How does Faith relate to the world in which we live?

      When it comes to Faith, people may have strong views, even dogmatic.  We live in a place where there is a diverse amount of cultures, languages, and beliefs.  Thus it is important for us to remember that respecting other's views are essential.  After all, it is faith that makes us who we are.  Everything we have hoped for, believed, entrusted in, our culture, these are the key essentials that make us.  For the Sawi people, their faith was based on their ancient culture.  They related their faith, and applied it to the world their lived in.  For example, one of their culture was to "fatten their friend", and eat whomever at the end.  However, Don Richardson tested their faith with his religious belief and eventually the Sawi's lives were changed.  The "Peace Child" explains this phenomenal of how faith relates to the world we live in.
     Through my personal experience, I have seen that faith relates to the world we live in.  In my childhood, my parents taught me to relate to the Christian faith, and soon enough I have grown accustom to Christianity.  As I lived my everyday life, I had troubles that associated with my Faith.  For example, whenever my Chinese friends said, "Eat a lot of noodles, and you will live long.", I didn't relate to that faith.  I'am not saying all Chinese people believe in this saying, but for some people with this kind of faith believed that and ate a lot of noodles.  Thats how some of my Chinese friends related their cultural faith into the world they live in.  
   Each person is uniquely differently from each other.  Moreover, individuals with different faith carries out and lives their life according to that faith.  Whether it is in God, a dream, career, family, etc, it does not matter.  This is how faith relates to the world we live in, because it is by our faith that causes actions in the world.  The question is: are we ready to defend our faith when doubts arises?
    
      

댓글 1개:

  1. Ezra, another fantastic post. Your video is good and definitely challenges the concept of faith. I think you could have dealt with faith also from a few more perspectives.

    답글삭제